Job Posting OPEN
Purpose: This position is responsible for providing treatment services, including treatment, assessment, psychotherapy, counseling, and educational activities, to a population diagnosed with co-occurring substance abuse and mental health disorders. This is a professional level position responsible for ensuring programs and services comply with applicable federal, state and grant health related standards. Other related duties may be assigned as needed.
- Maintain direct service unit expectations (individual caseload 1:16)
- Provide mental health and/or substance abuse and dependency evaluations.
- Responsible for evidence-based, quality service delivery to individuals, groups and families.
- Plan treatment strategies and develop written individual service plans including both short- and long-term goals.
- Continuously review and update program participants’ mental health/substance use needs for symptoms and behaviors and adjust treatment plan accordingly.
- Assist in the promotion of agency services through community contacts and appropriate related workshops and classes.
- Develop a positive working relationship with referral sources and community partners.
- Follow agency policies and procedures.
- Provide on-call services on a rotational basis as required by program for after hour client emergencies.
- Integrate cultural considerations into service delivery.
- Maintain timely and legible records of services provided per established program, agency, state and CARF standards; including but not limited to client assessments, treatment plans, and discharge.
- Maintain client progress reporting documents required by area courts and systems, accreditation standards, and internal policies and procedures.
- Timely completion of any provider enrollment forms and reports needed to maximize third party reimbursement.
- Ensure services have prior authorization, are billable and coded properly.
- Maintain documentation of supervision with clinical supervisor/supervising practitioner, when applicable.
Clinical Supervision (optional)
- Provide clinical supervision for students in the field placement and several less experienced therapists using evidence-based supervision strategies and an approved learning objectives tool, if applicable.
Professional Growth and Development
- Participate in regular supervision sessions for the purpose of reviewing cases, discussing treatment strategy and monitoring client progress.
- Continue personal and professional growth and development through reading, research, workshops, seminars, and other strategies which will broaden knowledge on therapeutic approaches and techniques and support the maintenance of the mental health practitioner’s license.
- Participate in agency required training.
Professionalism and Confidentiality
- Keep all client names and information and other agency business confidential.
- Guard client confidentiality in waiting areas, during phone contact, and in handling of records.
- Ensure that all office and record security procedures are followed.
- Maintain a positive and respectful demeanor on all contacts with staff and the public.
- Seek needed guidance in handling difficult client situations and establishing priorities for the job.
- Work to build positive, productive relationships with other staff.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of Provisional Licensure as a Mental Health Practitioner in the state of Nebraska.
- Master’s Degree in Human Service field from an accredited college.
- Ability to recognize, assess, and determine treatment needs for dual diagnosed clientele.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision, with responsibility to exercise substantial discretion and independent judgement.
- Personal convictions with are compatible with the mission, vision, organizational pillars and staff core values of Stephen Center.
- Understanding of and ability to work with person of diverse cultural backgrounds.
Work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is not exposed to weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Standing - Periodically
Sitting - Periodically
Kneeling – Periodically
Lifting up to 20 pounds - Periodically
Great health benefits – employee-only coverage for just $140/month.
Free Planet Fitness membership to 36th & Q location-$120 value!!
22% discount at Verizon Wireless
Free on-site lunches/dinners
Monthly employee engagement activities, recognition opportunities and more!
Stephen Center offers competitive salaries and a full array of benefits commensurate with NAM Guidelines.
Stephen Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Thank you for your interest in Stephen Center