Job Posting OPEN
The Stephen Center Custodian provides support in every aspect of keeping the building and
property of Stephen Center in clean and orderly condition under the supervision
of the Facilities Engineer.
- Sweeps, mops, scrubs,
or vacuums floors.
- Clean buildings by emptying trash and cleaning surfaces.
- Sterilize buildings as needed.
- Maintain building security and safety by performing such tasks
as locking doors and identifying and reporting potential hazards.
- Use cleaning solutions to remove stains from surfaces as
- Scrubs, sanitizes,
and supplies restroom facilities.
- Manages inventory of
Manages janitorial cleaning equipment
- Identify and report possible repairs.
- Perform grounds keeping duties.
- Clean debris from landscaping and planters.
- Rake, mulch, and prune the grounds as needed.
- Sweep walkways of debris.
- Trim shrubs and pull weeds as needed.
- Shovel snow from walkways and spread ice melt as needed.
- Perform minor repairs and maintenance procedures on equipment
utilized in grounds keeping.
- Complete facilities cleaning checklist on a daily basis
- Other duties as assigned.
Ability to two way verbally
Standing - the whole shift
Walking - Periodically
Lifting up to 50+- Periodically
Minimum of two years in skilled
custodial maintenance work required.
- Knowledge of occupational hazards safety rules
characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by
an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions.
While performing the
duties of this job, the employee is exposed to weather conditions. The noise level in the
work environment is usually moderate.
self in a manner of professionalism that is conducive to recovery from mental
illness, co-occurring disorders and overall wellness, including a minimum of
one year of continuous sobriety if in recovery, from the substance for which
you are in recovery.
by all specific program and Agency procedures, policies, and requirements.
An authentic and honest employee plays a key role in the
client’s recovery. Often, an employee
will inadvertently become a role model for the client, regardless of whether an
employee has direct contact with clients on a daily basis. Therefore, Stephen Center employees will
conduct themselves with honesty and integrity.